JR Osaka Station
- 只有两个主要的旅游中心——大阪城堡区和大阪湾区——位于Midosuji地铁线之外。从北塔乘坐JR大阪环线很容易到达大阪城堡地区，或者从本町乘坐Chuo地铁线很容易到达。Chuo线或JR Yumesaki线也可以到达大阪湾地区。
- Other parts of Osaka Prefecture (ie, not Osaka City) are reached by either various JR lines or by various private rail lines.
- You can ride the JR Osaka Loop Line with a Japan Rail Pass, but if you just want to explore Osaka for the first few days after arriving in Japan, it’s best to activate your pass on the morning you leave Osaka and use it for your long-distance train travel (ie, use the pass to pay for expensive intercity travel, not for cheap local travel).
- A prepaid Icoca card is easily the best way to pay for train and subway travel in Osaka. If you’re coming from Tokyo, your prepaid Suica or Pasmo card will work just fine. See below for full details.
Recommended Osaka Hotels
- Subways and trains are the best way to get around Osaka. For full details, see my Osaka Trains and Subways page.
- Osaka’s buses are extensive and efficient, but they’re not ideal for tourists. Still, if you do want to give them a try, you’ll find all the details on my Osaka Buses page.
- Osaka’s taxis are an excellent way to get around the city, especially outside of rush hour or if you have to go to a place not close to a train or subway station. However, they’re not cheap. For full details, see my Osaka Taxis page.
- A prepaid stored value card like Icoca is easily the best way to pay for trains and subways in Osaka. If you’re coming from Tokyo, a Suica or Pasmo will work in all the same places you can use Icoca, so there’s no need to buy a new card just for Osaka (and the rest of Kansai). You can also use these prepaid cards for purchases at convenience stores and many other places. For full details, see my Prepaid Cards – Icoca, Suica and Pasmo page.
- For information on travel between Kansai International Airport and Itami International Airport and Osaka, see my Osaka Airport Transport page.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Inside Osaka Google map:
- Open the Osaka map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Osaka Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my 第一次在大阪 guide
- Check Osaka accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide 在大阪哪里住宿
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Osaka's Kansai International Airport. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- View my comprehensive 日本装箱单
- Compare flight prices and timings to find the best Japan flight deals
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with the Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- Get a prepaid Icoca card to make travelling around Osaka easy – 以下是方法
- 找出原因 日本旅行保险 至关重要—— 世界游牧民族 很受重视